Software Engineer In Test
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will work with a team of talented engineers to support and maintain the verification and validation processes for REsurety's software stack. This will enable the team to deliver high-quality products with unwavering accuracy.
- Develop robust tests and tools for our backend APIs and services
- Support CI/CD frameworks and load balancing
- Setup new and maintain existing test environments
- Test cloud-based software features for quality and accuracy before they enter production, identify root causes of issues, and stress-test for unusual conditions
- Design and develop automated tests and testing modules; maintain and monitor regression testing; evaluate quality metrics and holistic verification frameworks
- Participate in product design and code review, advocate for quality needs and processes throughout the software lifecycle
- Identify, share, and nurture the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability in collaboration with the wider Quality department
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability, and quality
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, effective manner
- Work with deployment teams to resolve system-level issues
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience with software quality engineering, automated test development, and testing frameworks
- Extensive experience with continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Strong background in backend server development and database query languages such as Python and SQL
- Working knowledge of Git
- Familiarity with scientific computing and statistical analysis with any of Python, R or MATLAB
- Interested in growing your knowledge and skills in Test Environment Provisioning and Configuring using technologies like Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, GCP, or AWS
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Experience with testing data quality and ETL pipelines
- Experience with virtualization, preferably via docker containers
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering, or the physical sciences
- Quality mindset, attention to detail
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and Match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.