Software Engineer (Multiple Levels)
At REsurety, we are focusing on building the analytics engine of the US clean energy economy. As a software engineer, you will work closely with researchers, data scientists, and other engineers to build, scale and maintain our proprietary algorithms for wind generation, solar generation, and marginal emission abatement. You will help the team build APIs and platforms to serve REsurety’s data to our internal and external customers in the most effective and intuitive forms possible.
- Work across scrum teams to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain data-intensive applications
- Write efficient and well-tested code to serve renewable energy data via web APIs
- Evangelize modern software engineering practices, and speak to the merits of approaches such as microservices vs. monoliths, mono vs. multi repos
- Work with DevOps to integrate serverless cloud architecture components and improve build/deploy processes
- Stay on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering team
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, Python preferred
- Strong background in API design including versioning, isolation, and microservice architectures.
- Experience with cloud compute technologies (ideally AWS or Azure), such as Lambda and ECS
- Familiarity with Docker and other environment management tools (pipenv, pnpm, etc.)
- Working understanding of git and developing collaboratively in an agile environment
- Basic proficiency with SQL
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgresql, Snowflake)
- Experience with large scale data processing/data pipeline work (Airflow)
- Experience diagnosing and improving application scalability and reliability
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure, e.g. using Terraform
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with or interest in wholesale electricity markets
We are hiring for a variety of levels of experience using the following guidance:
3 or more years of experience developing web applications in modern frameworks. Strong background in working with data-intensive applications.
7 or more years of experience developing software in a professional environment. Proven experience in building data-intensive applications. Ability to define technical roadmaps, present high-level designs, and lead the team in execution. Strong desire to mentor more junior engineers.
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and Match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.