- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic self to work.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will keep REsurety's engineering infrastructure on the cutting edge of scalable technologies and best practices. You will be instrumental in helping the whole team collaborate efficiently and accelerating the development of clean energy worldwide.
- Administer, maintain, and monitor cloud services and resources to support at-scale computing, including ETL, continuous integration, and batch-compute analytical operations
- Optimize cloud services and resources in terms of scalability, efficiency, performance, and cost; identify and address bottlenecks
- Establish and apply the best practices on secrets management, services and resources monitoring, alerting and logging
- Improve existing Continuous Integration system in terms of capability, scalability and reliability; introduce and standardize CI/CD technologies across product areas
- Own, deploy and maintain development tools, Amazon Machine Images, Docker images for internal teams; capture and manage software packages and dependencies
- Administer the Git-based source control system
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and contractors
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language: Python, Bash, Groovy, Node.js, etc.
- Proficiency with Linux
- Industry experience and expertise with core AWS services and storage, their optimization and monitoring
- Excellent knowledge in network concepts, VPC, subnets, DNS, Load balancers, etc.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker preferred)
- Experience with authentication and authorization standards, e.g., IAM, Oauth2, LDAP
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipeline, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with Git
- 5+ years of professional experience in a DevOps, system engineering, system administration, or similar role
- Experience with other cloud computing technologies such as Azure or GCP
- Understanding of SQL query and schema design
- Experience with data warehouse platforms such as Snowflake
- Experience with monitoring distributed services, e.g., CloudWatch, Kibana, Grafana, Datadog
- Experience with image and package management: e.g., pipenv, renv, gem, npm, yarn, dpkg, rpm, etc. in the context of building Docker images or AMIs
- Experience with a distributed large-scale data processing engine such as Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.