Software Engineer - Full Stack
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will work closely with researchers, data scientists, and other engineers to integrate, scale, and maintain our proprietary algorithms for wind generation, solar generation, and marginal emission abatement.
You will help with the team building clean, intuitive applications to serve REsurety’s data to our internal and external customers in the most effective formats possible.
We are seeking a dedicated full-stack software engineer to join our growing company. You will work as part of a team to develop fast, well-tested, and performant code to support various web applications using Python, PostgreSQL, and Snowflake. You will be expected to work with standard programming tools such as version control and deployment software, follow industry best practices, write tests for the code you write, and follow all applicable coding guidelines.
- Work across scrum teams to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain Full Stack applications
- Implement well-tested code to present and manage clean energy data via REST APIs
- Work with DevOps to integrate server-less cloud architecture components and improve CI/CD processes
- Learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering team
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Proficiency in developing backend services of API’s including versioning, isolation, and micro-service architectures
- Experience with cloud compute technologies such as EC2, Lambda, Cloudwatch, ECS, and others (AWS preferred)
- Experience in domain-driven design and RESTful Services using frameworks such as Fast API, Flask, and Django
- Working with relational databases connecting and querying with an understanding of design principles (preferred: Postgresql, Snowflake)
- Collaborating with Product Management and UI/UX Designers to deliver an intuitive user experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate complex topics
- Bachelor’s degree required, CS or related preferred.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Developing large-scale SaaS applications in the cloud
- Familiarity with microservices and other development environment management tools and services (docker, Kubernetes, Pipenv, npm, etc.)
- Diagnosing and improving application scalability and reliability with automated testing and CI/CD
- Experience utilizing engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Git, etc.
- Working understanding of version control services and developing collaboratively in an agile environment (Jira, Git, BitBucket, etc.)
- Understanding of large-scale data processing and management solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products and software enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.