Software Engineer - Front End
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will work closely with researchers, data scientists, and other engineers to build, scale, and maintain our proprietary algorithms for wind generation, solar generation, and marginal carbon emission abatement.
You will design and integrate Restful APIs on the web applications team building clean, intuitive applications to serve REsurety’s data to our internal and external customers in the most effective formats possible.
- Participate in a team collaborating in all stages of the agile process (Daily scrum, refinement, demos, etc.)
- Write performant code using core Vue, Vuex, and Vue Router to create websites and web applications.
- Create tests for code written by yourself and other full-stack developers, and software engineers.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and other software defects in new and existing Vue applications
- Participate in code reviews and run code optimization tools and analyzers to spot and refactor inefficiencies.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Good knowledge of the Vue.js framework and related components such as Vuex and Vue Router
- Experience with standard tools and services such as Git, HTML5, CSS, Node.js, NPM, Python, REST APIs, and SQL databases.
- The ability to work as part of a team, taking ownership of individual modules following coding guidelines to create performant components that fit into larger enterprise environments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CS or related preferred.
- Experience with integrating and maintaining external software libraries and APIs using a command-line interface and package managers
- Experience with data visualization libraries presenting complex data models (d3 and vega-lite preferred)
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products and software enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.