Power Markets Research Associate
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision-makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
As an Associate on the Power Markets Research team, you will work to improve REsurety’s power price and carbon emission impact modeling capabilities. You will work with our suite of power market fundamentals and statistical models by expanding the geographic scope and improving granularity and accuracy. You will work with members of REsurety’s Research, Engineering, Analytics, and Product teams to increase the commercial value of modeling results across REsurety’s existing and future product lines. This role will give you the opportunity to learn from experienced practitioners in electricity market design, fundamentals modeling, and the application of statistical tools to electricity-related questions. At REsurety, you will also be exposed to concepts and processes from software engineering and product development, further expanding your learning opportunities.
- Expand REsurety's statistical and/or fundamentals power price and carbon modeling capabilities
- Identify and integrate relevant data inputs to improve the quality of our models
- Evaluate model results to ensure the quality of our processes and identify areas for improvement
- Keep models up to date as appropriate given changing market fundamentals and rules
- Communicate results and conclusions with internal and external customers
- Work with Research and Engineering team members to build and refine our modeling platform
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with either:
- Using production cost modeling software (e.g., PSO, PLEXOS, …)
- Using Optimization, Statistics, or Machine Learning in an applied setting
- Experience using a programming language to manipulate, analyze, and visualize data
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in a technical field
- Experience with R, Python, or SQL
- Familiarity with the functioning of North American wholesale electricity markets
- Flexible Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (Remote Wednesday and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- 401(k) and Match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks of Parental Leave
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Deduction
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.