Software Engineering Manager
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company where team members feel engaged, valued, and supported. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly, and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic self to work.
As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you will manage a diverse group of engineers in the development of a best-in-class analytics engine for the clean energy economy. We are seeking a passionate leader who facilitates team success and embraces forward-thinking. You will work closely with product, analytics, and research teams to build to their specifications for both internal and external customers.
- Aids team in the removal of roadblocks and impediments to ensure on-time delivery
- Ensures consistent delivery of quality solutions on time, within budget, and scope
- Drives the development life-cycle from requirements analysis, standards, estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support
- Develops and manages execution plans, resource planning, scheduling, and development timelines
- Works 1 on 1 with the team to develop career paths and training plans for team members’ continued growth
- Seeks continuous improvement and feedback
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years managing Software Engineers Teams
- 7+ years’ experience participating in the development and support of software products and technologies in an Agile environment, some of which should be in a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience writing, managing, and coordinating the creation of design documentation
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with microservices, data engineering, data science, or related
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid schedule (remote Wednesday, and Friday)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) and match
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.