Risk & Transaction Analyst
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
REsurety is the leading analytics company empowering the clean energy economy. Operating at the intersection of weather, power markets, and financial modeling, we enable the industry’s decision makers to thrive through best-in-class value and risk intelligence, and the tools to act on it. Our data and software products offer unprecedented insight into the financial performance and environmental impact of clean energy projects. Our risk-transfer products enable renewable energy buyers, sellers, and financiers to manage the risk inherent to generating power from an intermittent fuel source: the weather. Our clients include clean energy investors, advisors, developers, and buyers.
With 7,000 MW contracted and many of the clean energy industry’s leaders as clients, we are a small team with a big impact! Our culture is open and collaborative. We expect excellence from our team members and reward it with high ownership and flexibility. If you’re a high-achiever with a passion for clean energy, we want to hear from you.
Company Values & Principles
At REsurety, we value the skills of execution, creativity & ownership, commercial focus, and teamwork, and we help and encourage all team members to develop these skills while at REsurety.
Our values also shape our culture and act as the foundation for our principles. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. What is special about REsurety, though, is how much we:
- Share information openly, broadly and deliberately with each other;
- Encourage ownership by all team members;
- Provide continuous, constructive feedback; and
- Empower all team members to bring their full, authentic self to work.
REsurety is committed to building a diverse, inclusive culture where employees feel engaged, valued, and supported with equitable practices. To that end, REsurety offers employee resource groups, opportunities for mentorship, and generous paid vacation, personal, sick and parental leave policies.
As an Analyst on the Risk & Transaction Analytics team, you will evaluate renewable energy contracts for utility scale projects using meteorological and electricity market data. You will also perform detailed analysis on renewable projects and portfolios for developers, buyers of renewable energy, and hedge providers.
- Analyze the resource and economics of renewable plants and portfolios
- Analyze and understand electricity market, meteorological, and utility-scale wind and solar power plant data
- Continue the advancement of REsurety’s wind and solar resource assessment capabilities
- Execute quality control checks of data critical to business processes
- Evaluate and structure energy hedging contracts
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Major in math/physics, engineering, atmospheric science, finance, data science, or a related field
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented: capable of executing complex analyses with little oversight
- Comfortable with computer programming (any language)
- Proven analytical ability
- A passion for empowering the clean energy fueled-future!
- Experience processing large datasets, including meteorological, finance, or operating wind or solar farm data (1-3 years)
- Proficiency with R and SQL (secondary preference for Python)
- Experience with wind & solar resource assessment techniques (incl. working with Windographer, WAsP, PVsyst, etc.) (1-3 years)
- Experience working in power markets, energy trading, or financial risk management (1-3 years)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy & Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid Work: Onsite Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday; remote Wednesday and Friday
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Stock Options
- 12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Blue Bikes Gold Membership
- Pre-Tax Transportation Deduction
- Professional Development Stipend
REsurety, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.